Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tomato Sauce

So those hipsters in New York are at it again, making me want to cook somewhat odd things. This time they had a story about a 3 ingredient tomato sauce which sounds boring from the title, but if you read the gushing reviews of the sauce made me give it a second look. I looked around for various posts about this sauce and given the exceptionally little work involved decided to give it a go myself.

 One of the posts I read clued me into the origin of the sauce and I think I may have to get one or both of those cookbooks.  Either Marcella's Italian Kitchen or Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking both from Marcella Hazan.

I don't think the gushing reviews oversold the sauce.   At all, it was really that good.  If your in the mood for a rich tomato sauce for this fine fall we are having do yourself a favor and burn the 45 minutes to simmer this.  You figure the onion is like $1 and a can of tomatoes is like $5, you beat the store price on a can jar of sauce and this is so much better.




[?]

5 comments:

  1. Those damn hipsters, now invading the cooking world. F off hiptsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I'll definitely have to try this tomorrow over some chicken parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fuck this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girlfriend will like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking this tonight, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete