Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brilliant party bowl for halloween


It's a tiny bit of a Martha Stewart I realize, but that is kind of an awesome use of a Pumpkin.  I doubt it's something I'll be using this year, but tap that one away for a Halloween someday in the future.

My uncle has a garden that is about an acre in area so we ended up with 12 small-medium pumpkins.  Out of 3 I managed to collect 11 1/2 cups of pumpkin for baking pies and maybe if the inspiration takes me a pumpkin beer.  If I do a pumpkin beer I am going to try to clone New Belgium's Lips of Faith Kick, which is a blended beer of Sour barrel aged beer and a tart pumpkin cranberry ale.  It is freaking amazing.  For the West Coast (of the USA) readers I suggest you check it out you can find it using New Belgium's Libation Locator, I had it on draft, but I am sure it will be nice in a bottle too.  This is an extremely accessible sour beer, not hard to drink like a Gueuze.

My brother is working to help me polish off the remaining 2 gallons or so of Mac & Jack's Clone in my keg before it gets stale, and because I think it is ludicrous to have more than 2 kegs of beer in my chest freezer.  I don't drink beer with any kind of velocity so I need people to come drink with or for me.  In particular the friend of mine that was going to start making beer with me decided to stop drinking while his wife was pregnant and hasn't started again now that the baby is here, so the person that I was sort of expecting to drink with me often is not playing anymore.  

10 comments:

  1. Pumkin beer? Sounds like a good treat to hand out to kids on hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought of that bowl, that is, amazing, seriously, I am going to have this. Unfortunately for some though, it won't have alchohol in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thanksgiving version of the pumpkin bowl is a bit more gruesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this listed elsewhere as the "Pumcooler" ... such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and clever way to use a pumpkin, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool idea. I'm too lazy to host my own party though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pintrest totally jacked this from either Martha or Pottery Barn, I've seen this in a catalog years ago and haven't found the right pumpkin for the task. I also haven't hosted a Halloween party as of lately so I don't really have a need for a pumpkin beverage cooler...

    ReplyDelete