Monday, October 24, 2011

Android Apps on windows 7

I'm a little busy right now, my son was born on Friday October 21st so I'm running on caffeine and the will to be upright, but I ran across BlueStacks a few Days ago and thought I would share.  If you are an android phone or tablet nerd, but sometimes want those apps on your desktop but don't want to run the silly emulator from googles Dev kit, now there is an alternative for you.

BlueStacks only runs on windows 7 right now, but it looks like they are working on making it run on xp and vista.  I don't have a windows 7 machine right in front of me, and have better things to chase right this second but I do plan on giving it a look sometime in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Nice one, glad there's an alternative to Google's emulator, it's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for me because I'm using Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulations on having a son! I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got home from the Sprint store and am in no mood for thinking about anything android related, and won't be for another day or so. But...congratulations on the brand spanking new baby!

    -brandon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to bury the lead ; )

    Congrats on your baby boy. I hope mom and son are doing well.
    Just remember, she carried him, you owe her the first hundred dirty diapers. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete