Monday, October 03, 2011

Rainy day IPA

So I finally tried some of the Rainy Day IPA, coincidentally it was raining here in the PNW so it was the perfect complement to the brisket my brother cooked for dinner.  For traveling with the growler I think I going to have to over carbonate so that the beer feels less flat after it's traveled any distance, but out of the keg it poured with a nice head and tasted great.  It was a little bitter, but had a huge fresh hop nose (I would hope so with 3/4 of the hops going into the the last 10 minutes of the boil).  The beer turned out to only only 5.1%abv so the beer is pretty easy to drink and won't knock you off your stool.

Being able to fill a growler from my keg was so damn cool, I won't lie that felt pretty damn pimp.   I'll have another pint tonight and get a picture of it with the head on it.

Also holy crap this blog has been running since 2005 and I've made more than 500 posts!  I cannot believe that I've written that many posts.

1 comment: