Thursday, October 06, 2011

IPA Pictures

So because I said I would here is a picture of my IPA.  Notice the nice light color, and fluffy foam head that doesn't give up for minutes.  The body is nice and there is a mild bitterness, but the aroma is more floral like the Ranger IPA from New Belgian Brewing (what I was trying to make it like) and mouth feel doesn't leave you smacking wishing for something to drink after your beer.  In all I'm pretty pleased and am just working on dialing in the pressure on the keg.  I swear there is a frigging art to getting the carbonation just right.


6 comments:

  1. YES, it is a art to get the carbination right. Beer is a piece of art, well but after you drink a few of them they all taste the same. BTW your keg doesn't seem like a classic beer keg. Choice of glass is also sooo important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You managed to describe to perfect feelings of mine in such few sentences. The mouth feeling i get if i don't want to drink anything after a nice beer and the art of getting the carbonation right :) Now i just wish i could get my hands on a keg similar to yours and party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I'm really impressed, actually.
    I've never been much of a beer expert, but I really enjoyed you desribing the feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the head on that bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the 4th time I've tried to comment - stupid blog is blocking my efforts!

    Not an IPA fan, but damn I love the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Do want. It most definitely is an art, which is what makes a perfect beer so special.

    ReplyDelete