Friday, October 21, 2011

Mac Virus

I realize they are technically just Trojans at this point, but the level of sophistication is coming for the Mac and their "don't need anti-virus" smug motherfuckers.  The viruses on PC started out very rudimentary, and by default computers where very trusting (hi smb protocol), it sure is a good thing that Mac software devs had the example of Microsoft to learn from.  They wouldn't ever develop a very promiscuous and trusting protocol to install with every Mac, (looking at you bonjour, also I was being sarcastic if that was missed.).

The link says it all, but the new iteration of a Mac Trojan is disabling the security update funcion on Macs after it is installed.  The malware deletes itself if a piece of software that sounds a lot like anti-virus is detected.

Just keep gaining market share there mac, wait and see what the harsh spotlight really feels like.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:08 AM

    Thanks for this information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, more and more people use a mac... so it makes sense virusses are coming to mac too.

    I wonder... is there an iPhone virus already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one is safe from Virusses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why you have to browse smart... i have scripts/flash/hmtl5 on prompt so i don't get blindsided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, people are going to get owned eventually

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always liked ur posts! hope you still like mine!
    i've been working on my layout and you should really go and see how it looks like now. I've returned after a short breao lets get this going again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now Macs are just as shitty as a PC except they cost 5 times more. Great work Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn it! I hate all of these stupid computer viruses. Maybe if my dinosaur of a mac keeps running I'll be immune because I've got all of the old OS anyway.

    ReplyDelete