Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Just Finish It

By way of Lifehacker comes a post that is fairly pertinent to my life at large Just Finish It.

Much like the author of the post I don't struggle with ambition to start things, or lack vision to design a more grand universe.  What I do lack is the wherewithal to finish or carry out these dreams that live in my head.  My project list is ever growing in both my personal and work life; the sensation is overwhelming in someways.  A real commitment in the form of my son is robbing me of my late night productivity and lack of interest is having further negative impact on my ever increasing project list at work.

The short list includes migrate from exchange 2003 to 2010, continue Windows7 rollout, update backup exec from disk to tape to disk to disk to tape (de-duplication for the win!) and hopefully making my backup windows shorter than 22 hours, upgrade the last NT server and the software that it is running (sometimes legacy just won't die, it has in the neighborhood of 80+k reasons why it's been kicking around on the really old version of the software) Mobile device strategy (people really think tablets are going to be some form of productivity boost, I think they are smoking that funny tobacco) completing the office 2010 deployment, some server automation scripts to make the co-workers lives easier.  Then I have a backlog of documentation, and future network planning to complete (really should be certified Cisco to run the network I have, let alone the network I need).

So yeah.  Sometimes my work sits on my mind a lot, but I have almost no interest in doing about half of that shit I just wrote down.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    That is why I don't write my to-do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's mostly music that never gets finished... I have hundreds of half-complete songs on my hard drive :|

    ReplyDelete