Monday, May 21, 2012

Random-ish gardening post

Damn spring tricked me!

I got around to transplanting my tomato starts last weekend and it has been a week of 70's for the high but overnight has been dropping off as low as the high 30's.  My poor tomato starts where looking a touch on the yellow side going into the weekend, and now with Sunday and Monday dumping rain and keeping it cold I'm concerned I'm going to loose 2 of them!

Unrelated in any fashion I haven't brewed in what has to be close to 2 months.  I just haven't had the time, energy or funds to take on a brew of late so I've been putting it off.  Every time I pull meat out of the chest freezer though I have to look at the 16 or so ounces of hops I got from my wife's co-worker at the end of last summer.  I need to use them fairly soon or I need to pull them out and start aging them for sour beers.  Cascade isn't the best for aging though so I'm thinking I need to nut up and make some beer.  An ale of some form or another would be a lovely thing to stuff into a keg and keep on tap.


1 comment: