Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Model Airplanes

I have a little bit of interest in model airplanes, but have always been a little turned off by the price point of most of these commercial models.  I would hate to spend several hundred dollars, and hours assembling something I am very likely to crash into the ground at high velocity.

Enter Build a Foamie.

The idea of this is sort of genius, someone builds and tests the designs and then sells plans and parts lists.  See a plane you want and then for less than $20 you have a tested set of build plans that you can assemble out of construction foam.  I am sure that everything he did can be figured out on your own, but for people that are just getting started in this hobby I think it is a low risk proposition that might yield a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment