Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shrooms

A little late for most but earlier in the summer I had some trouble with mushrooms in my planter box garden.  It was all related to too much moisture (Gasp in Seattle say it isn't so!)  Any how I was looking for ways to deal with mushrooms and thought I would share what I found.  Short story is reduce the moisture!  Next up is remove the "infected" soil because the mushrooms are just going to keep coming as moisture and food make themselves available.

One suggestion was for a baking soda/water solution to spray the affected area to try to change the PH and prevent them from growing.  I think the raised bed I made doesn't have enough drainage and the heavy rain we get in the winter soaked the bed and it has just never gotten dry enough to prevent the mushrooms from growing.

some random source links
Helpful Gardener
Allexperts

1 comment:

  1. I like it when I get mushrooms in my garden... cute lil fellas.

    ReplyDelete