Alright, here you have a multimedia presentation going on in this here blog, so the first picture I have to share is my 7.5 gallon stainless steel pot. This is a lovely pot that is either too big or too small for all of my ambitions. If you want to brew a 5 gallon batch you could (in theory) do an extract brew with this pot (you only need to do a 60 minute boil on extract) as this pot and my burner like to boil off about 1 gallon every half hour of boil. Right now I am using to boil some water to raise the my beer from protein rest to scarification temps.
Another fucking tragedy at the end of the brew came with I tried to hook the hose up to my copper immersion chiller. I need to take a picture of this thing, if for no other reason that I am really impressed with my handy-work. The dick that was in charge of the cutter that cut the inside threads for my female to female 3/4in coupler needs to be punched in his dick. Try though I might with several hoses none would get started on this set of threads. I managed to back the damn thing off and flip it around with just enough bite to let me get through my brew day, but I ended up wasting about 20 minutes fighting with the chiller. It was much longer than I wanted to wait to start cooling my wort, so I only hope I cooled fast enough. My final thought on this beer is I am very curious to see at bottling time if I managed to cool it off fast enough to get the cold break. I might bottle one in a clear bottle just to see how much chill haze I get.