Friday, July 22, 2011

Charcuterie

As a change of pace, I thought I would tell you about the most amazing lunch ever. In just one hour it is going to be in my mouth.


Salumi artisan cured meats is a local legend here in Seattle.  It was started by the father of Iron Chef Mario Batali, and has been featured on the Travel Channel shows like No Reservations.  It lives up to the hype, seriously.  I will try very hard to remember to take a picture of this before I stuff it into my face hole, but not gonna lie my brain sort of switches off in the presence of this food.  For reference, I have to walk about 2 miles round trip to eat at this place and normally end up standing in a 30-90 minute line and still rave about this place.  I'd walk there in the rain.  Any local places that are worth the wait near you?

11 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Seattle some day.. Now i have another more reason not just for the sub pop culture but also for the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Wow, that's a long line, must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a long line. It's bad but I had a love of this one chain restaurant called jimmy johns that did subs. It was roughly a half mile from the house I had at college. There was even a subway I passed two blocks along the way there. I don't know why but I loved their bread and meat selection they used. I wished I had the budget to try out all the restaurants around me though to find such a place that isn't fast food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa that's long! It sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to try it sometime when I visit the states! Cheers for sharing mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salumi... I'll remember that if I go to Seatlle someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow might have to visit it next time I'm up in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  8. there are a couple of places near me that sometimes have a 20-30minute wait time but are totally worth it. They typically have free salad bars so they attract alot of customers haha

    ReplyDelete