Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 years come and gone

Hard to believe it, but 10 years ago I was a fresh faced youth just graduated from High School. I attended my reunion, and was struck by how little of my feelings for the place and people had changed. Everyone was similar, and progressed to basically exactly where you would have thought they would. I suppose what I was most struck by is how nothing was different, even me.

10 years is a long time, and I don't feel like I have walked very far at all in that time.

Another Gem from the reunion was a letter to myself, the letter was filled with a lot of the hopeless dreaming I always do, and a picture of a friend that had died the summer before in 1998. It was a picture and a memory that I could have lived without, not because of any stirring of emotion for her unfortunately, but because it made me sad that I thought then that I would want that now.

I really was a dark child, wasn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment