Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cheap ethernet connection for microcontrollers

This probably belongs on my other blog, but whatever.  I've been ever so patiently waiting for my twine to arrive, but that doesn't keep me from eyeballing other network connected embedded projects left right and center.  Hackaday posted this little gem of a project, for connecting arduino's to your network on the cheap. It used to be the network connection for these embedded projects can be more expensive than the microcontroller itself! So it's good to see projects working to tackle that.  My self I have TI Launchpad that I keep meaning to cook up something meaningful with, but the best I've come up with is motion activated stair lights.  I'm not sure the wife would approve of my cutting up the house, but I would be nice to not fear falling down the stairs at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment