Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fare thee well little office mascot

So for the last few days my office has been all worked up because of a small 4 legged creature of the scurrying kind.  That's right a mouse is dancing around in our office and given that I sit in an area with 5 ladies and 1 other guy that is never at his desk I've been the designated man for looking under stuff for these ladies.  Yesterday out of annoyance for this disruption we cleaned out under a table that the little guy has been known to frequent.  The ladies bravely stood on chairs (I shit you not) and behind cube walls while I calmly looked through boxes to see if there was evidence the little guy had visited them.

After all the clutter was removed we laid out glue traps and eliminated hiding places.  I didn't bother checking glue traps this morning, it just didn't occur to me.  I was sitting at my desk still listening to music eating my breakfast when one of the ladies cursed loudly and yelled for me to come deal with the little fellow.  He met a glue trap and that was the end.  Custodians came and fetched the trap and hopefully so ends our little multi-day adventure.  I know that one of the ladies has been looking a little harried since the whole thing started last week, she looked down and it was just chilling under her desk watching her.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Interesting news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, so now you're the office hero :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really funny. you hear the animal scurrying around during the day and hate it...but as soon as its gone, the rest of the day seems different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing they had a man to clean it up eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something a little perverse about having to look under so many women's desks. I hope the women aren't at the desks when you're looking...

    ReplyDelete