Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Sony loosing money?

Not to sound smug, but here is another company that I am not a huge fan of.  Sony has repeatedly treated their customers poorly with proprietary formats and crappy drm software, now they are projecting a loss, in the same breath I hear Lenovo is posting a large Q2 profit.  I realize that Lenovo inherited the legacy of IBM, but they have built some really solid products on their own right.  The Lenovo Ideapad U260 is the computer I give to my executives and they love it, core i5 with 4 gb of ram.  Its tiny and wicked fast, and looks damn sharp.  I have several Sony products but my house is boycotting them until they stop with their go fuck yourself attitude about consumer standards.  SD card won the format war, get over it Sony.  They sank millions of dollars into seeing that the HD-DVD standard failed (fuck you very much for that one Sony) in part because it wasn't technology controlled by them

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Interesting news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad news for Sony..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how technologicly advanced we could be if people didn't worry about making money but instead worried about making a product that was worth something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Is normal that lenovo is stealing market % to sony, global economy is favouring those who doesn't care about work 20 hours, productivity is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how much the PSN hack had to do with this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sony have shitty consumer support but I gotta admit that I love their products especially the PSP since they removed the region-lock for games.

    ReplyDelete