Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gizmodo Making fun of audio books

Gizmodo ran a story about some audio books from the iTunes store not working, taking a long swipe at the users of such technology as lazy.

I for one utilize audio books, (not from iTunes) because I find myself on a computer 8-14 hours a day, so by the end of the day when I crave some intellectual stimulation my eyes aren't up to the task.

In college I knew several people that were able to complete their course work mainly with the help of audio books to help them overcome near debilitating dyslexia, and still others that suffer motion sickness and are completely unable to read in a moving vehicle.

Just because you have the time, and good physical health to read Mr. Matt Buchanan seems little reason to me to belittle others without your good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment