Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does anyone still buy albums?

I have been trying to think of anything at all to say about the new iTunes LP's and really all I keep coming back to is Who still buys albums? I have been trying to think of the last album that I loved each and every song on, so much that I wouldn't have been better off buying the songs that I did like individually. The best I could come up with is Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins but on re-listening to it recently I figured out that I really only love about 10 total songs and less than half of them ever made it on the radio. I cannot say that given the choice now that I would have even bought the song that I really did like because of the video on MTV. Another album I swore was amazing was Sixteen Stone from Bush, but again on re-listening, I am not sure I would have bought the whole album, just all the songs that got radio play. I still think of both as having songs I that where a part of my high school experience, but I won't say that with different buying options available to me now that I would buy either as a whole album. I don't buy into the whole Apple Ecosystem mostly because I think that Apple disrespects their customers and retail partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment