Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Paperback book co-op site

I hadn't really ever considered it, but frequently I don't really buy a book to own it, I buy the book to read it once and lend to friends or family from that point on. Normally I don't re-read too many books and as a result I have sold books to Half-Price books before simply because I had no need of them, and didn't want to throw them out. Paperback Swap offers an alternative to sell or pitch, it lets you trade them for other books in the network. I can see how this would be useful for people that purchase a few books a year, but also want to have access to more without having to rely on the library.

I am going to sign up for the site, and working on finding some of the reference books that I have some interest in. As it gets closer to the birth of my Daughter I am interestingly focused on art projects and home improvement. I have 3 specific art projects for the nursery, and a few improvement items for the house to complete. I think a resource on stone working, and basic carpentry are what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment