Saturday, November 24, 2007

Facebook for all the hype....sucks

Huh, all the sudden I don't like to read several of my blogs. I must have missed it but somewhere along the line everybody drank some Facebook koolaide and lost their fucking common sense. To the engineers that are leaving Google to join Facebook google is my all day sexy, Facebook gets about 3-10mins a day total of my time. I am logged into my gmail account every second I am near a computer, I check my hotmail and yahoo once per day each and check myspace 3-4 times per day. I normally only go to Facebook if some one sends me a message, otherwise I try hard not to think about it and the oxygen wasted world wide talking about it.

On the other hand I use nearly every service that Google has to offer, Notebook is my savior, Reader was my replacement for bloglines (I haven't looked back nor been disappointed with that switch yet), Maps is likely the only reason I am not dead somewhere after trying to "wing it" on the directions. I blog on Blogger, I use Feedburner, Analytics, Adsense, I encourage every picture taking person I know to use Picasa. I have started using code search to help my sad attempts at coding, and absolutely love Goog-411.

Finally what is not sexy about a company that lest you spend 20% of your time on a personal project. Are you freaking serious?! I only wish that I could find some time to not run around at my job and work on some of the collaboration that my company so desperately needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment