Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Gonna build a shed

So I settled on a 8x10 lean to style shed (I prefer to call it a single slope roof), I just ordered about $900 in materials set to be delivered to my home Today mid day.

I'm off work for the weekend and don't go back until Wednesday of next week so we'll see how much we manage to get done. I'm going to go buy a skill saw and a better hammer for framing and have a very busy weekend of shed building.

I must have had a significant brain fart between when I measured the space and started drawing the shed. The space would have accommodated a 6x8 or 8x8 shed, but there is no chance in hell a 8x10 fits without significant reworking the area. So the first order of business for me will be cutting a large chunk of a rotting crap deck off and disposing of that material.

Parts list
6         Pier blocks
2         2x6 10' treated
6         2x6 8' treated
3         4x8 3/4" Tongue and Grove OSB
25       2x4 8' framing lumber
33       2x4 10 framing lumber
2         2x4 12' Framing lumber
4         4x8 1/2" TLL waferwood OSB
5         4x9 1/2" TLL waferwood OSB
5         4x8 7/16 OSB
6         10' Metal roofing
2         lbs of framing nails


No comments:

Post a Comment