Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Disabling Voicemail Instructions

If you missed this floating around the blogosphere the last few days crawl out from under that rock and speed up your voicemail prompts. I did this a little while ago based on an older Lifehacker post about the subject but speeding up the time it takes to get to leaving a message may actually make using VMail more useful. Michael Arrington has long said the voicemail was going to be extinct, but I think the reason was that leaving messages was not convenient for people. We can thank the money grubbing carriers for that. I for one look forward to the day that they become the dumb pipe they fear becoming. If they didn't have any control over my experience, it might actually be a good one and if it wasn't I wouldn't be in a contract that prevented my from voting with my dollars via arbitrary and excessive monetary penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment