Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Proam call girls

I have had this in my writing queue for about 3 months, and still am not sure what it is that I am trying to say, but here goes.

In the wake of the Eliot Spitzer Circus I was curiously turned on to a few blogs run by Professional Amateur Call Girls, or girls that primarily support themselves through the profession but don't work for someone else. Since I am not sure what else to call them ProAm is the best I could come up with.

I have been reading their blogs (no links, the eye of the world has already looked very hard in their direction and unsettled several of their lives) and have only this to say: I doubt that very many people in this world could be as honest about their lives, even in an anonymous setting, as they are on these blogs. I realize the sexual nature of the business is very personal, so maybe that is what brings it out... but I doubt I could be so honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment